Friday, January 23, 2009

Thing 3 - Blog Search Tools

Lost in the world of billions of blogs not knowing which to follow...not knowing which exists...That's why we need blog search tools. For NEFLIN's assignment, I took a look at two such tools: Technorati and Google Blog Search. Both had excellent categories so I could go straight to what interested me. Both include pictures and videos and the latest things. However, I like Technorati better because it is smaller. I followed the assignment rules and entered the same search query: "academic librarian" into both search engines. With Technorati, I got 76 and with Google, I got 5,435. Google is just a big giant that needs to be downsized or departmentalized. One thing I did not like about Technorait, but is only a part of Internet life, is all the advertisements on the side bar. Google does not have those.

No comments:

Post a Comment