Thursday, April 2, 2009

Thing 18- Facebook!

I have been waiting for this Thing! That's because I'm already a member of Facebook. My son got me started about 6 months ago. I check it almost daily, but I have one problem--I can never think of something clever to write. I have enjoyed re-connecting with old friends (and I do mean old--all the way back to high school) and staying connected with friends who have moved away or have a new job. Facebook is fun. I like the fact that you have to accept friends and that not everyone can be a part of your circle unless you want them to be. My friends represent a huge variety from the old high school friends and faculty to college friends to old co-workers to members of my church to old students of mine to my son who's a college student himself. It's a great way to network for friendship and for opportunities should they arise. A library could use this to form a group for a book discussion or for library help because you can use the online IM if you are both online. I joined the librarians and facebook group you mentioned. I'll see if I get any comments from that. So far I have 71 friends, but that's nothing; my son has over 300! You'll find me if you do a search for Patricia Lynn Mayfield. I'm going to try to post a link to this blog into my facebook page. See you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment